Industrial Water Technician
Aclarity, a pioneering leader in advanced water treatment technology, on a mission to destroy PFAS forever, is seeking a motivated and skilled Industrial Water Technician to join our team.
Aclarity Water is a leading provider of advanced industrial water treatment solutions. Our cutting-edge technology utilizes a proprietary electrochemical process to effectively break down contaminants, with a particular focus on addressing per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). By partnering with treatment facilities, municipalities, landfills, and other organizations, Aclarity aims to tackle large-scale and cost-prohibitive water challenges upstream. Our goal is to ensure the destruction of contaminants, enabling the production of clean, safe water.
As a Technician, you will play a crucial role in operating and maintaining our cutting-edge wastewater treatment electrochemical systems. You will ensure the efficient and safe functioning of our equipment, contribute to process optimization, and uphold our commitment to providing sustainable water solutions. Safety is a core competency at Aclarity and the highest safety standards are in place.
This role reports to the Director of Field Operations and Technology or Field Service Manager, as the team grows. This is a hybrid role, which will be on the road traveling significantly in the New England area. When traveling, the Technician will be visiting customer sites and representing Aclarity.
Location: This position is located in Mansfield, MA, with eventual relocation to Medway, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Aclarity, Inc. – The Leading PFAS Destruction Company
- System Operation: Operate and monitor wastewater treatment systems, including pumps, filters, reactors, PLCs, chemical dosing systems, and monitoring instruments, to ensure effective treatment processes.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting: Perform routine maintenance tasks, troubleshoot equipment issues, and conduct minor repairs or replacements to ensure uninterrupted system operation. Collaborate with the maintenance team or extended support team for more complex repairs as needed.
- Quality Control: Monitor and analyze treated water quality using a range of testing equipment and methodologies. Adjust treatment processes as required to maintain compliance with established standards and regulations. Professionally work with our Engineering and Research teams.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Record and share data related to system performance, water quality parameters, and maintenance activities. Analyze data trends to identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency improvements.
- Process Optimization: Collaborate with the Engineering and Research teams to implement process improvements and technology upgrades that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of wastewater treatment systems.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to all safety and environmental protocols and regulatory requirements governing waste water treatment operations. Ensure proper handling and disposal of chemicals and waste products. Required PPE use is mandatory.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of operational activities, maintenance logs, equipment manuals, and any required reports.
- Training and Development: Stay current with advancements in waste water treatment technology and attend training sessions as necessary to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, researchers, business development, and other technicians, to exchange information, share insights, and contribute to the overall success of projects.
- Emergency Response: Respond promptly to equipment malfunctions, alarms, and other emergencies, taking appropriate actions to mitigate potential issues.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant technical certification or associate degree preferred.
- Proven experience in operating and maintaining water treatment systems, ideally within an industrial or municipal setting. If you have experience with electrochemical systems that is a plus.
- Strong understanding of wastewater treatment processes and associated equipment, chemical dosing, and filtration methods.
- Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Self-directed and solutions oriented work style; balanced with ability to follow Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of safety protocols, regulations, and environmental compliance related to waste water treatment operations.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions under pressure.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining accurate records.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts, weekends, and participate in on-call schedules as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and perform physical tasks associated with maintenance and repairs.
- Comfortable working in various weather conditions and potentially hazardous environments.
- Adequate physical fitness and stamina to perform job duties.
If you are passionate about driving positive environmental impact through wastewater treatment solutions and are looking to be part of a dynamic team at the forefront of innovation, we encourage you to apply for the Industrial Water Technician position at Aclarity. Join us in shaping a cleaner and more sustainable future for communities worldwide.
Please send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com for consideration to this position. This application will remain open until filled. For more information about the company visit us at www.aclaritywater.com
Aclarity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.